Arab Research & Advocacy Bureau was founded in 2016. The website was a response to a need for independent, authentic commentary on Arab societies.
تم تأسيس مكتب البحوث والدعم العربي في عام 2016. حيث يقدم موقعنا الالكتروني معلومات صحيحة ومعطيات مستقلة حول المجتمع العربي.
Bureau de Recherche et de Support Arabe a été fondé en 2016. Le site web a répondu à une demande de publications indépendantes et authentiques sur les sociétés arabes.
Sami Oussama Filali Naji
Founder & CTO
Sami has several years experience in business, and government analysis & consulting, including at Google, University of Birmingham and the UK House of Lords.
As the founder and chief technical officer of ARAB, Sami implements the smooth development of our website and social media presence.
- BA (Hons) in Politics and International Relations, University of Reading
- MA in International Relations, University of Birmingham
Lawrence is an independent journalist, author and commentator specialising in Middle Eastern history; he has written for the BBC & Jewish Quarterly, and currently writes for the Guardian.
At ARAB, Lawrence manages and maintains customer relationships.
- BA (Hons) in Politics, Philosophy and Economics, Christ Church, University of Oxford
Laila is a Palestine-based, seasoned professional who oversees and supports regional programmes with national and international organisations with operations in the country.
At ARAB, Laila oversees general operations, such as outreach, recruitment and the monitoring & evaluation of our various projects.
- BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy, Arab American University
- MSc in Health and Rehabilitation, University of Southampton
- MA in Conflict Resolution, Arab American University (Expected 2021)
Madiha Z. Sadiq
Madiha is an early career researcher working in international development, with previous experience in the NGO sector. She has an intersectional interest in conflict and social inequalities.
Madiha is currently working with the University of Leeds and the Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities on research exploring faith and peacebuilding.
At ARAB, Madiha is responsible for managing a small team of editors who ensure that all published content is fit for public and client engagement.
- BA (Hons) in English and Philosophy, University of York
- MSc in Violence, Conflict and Development, SOAS, University of London
Javier is a PhD student at Georgia State University. His research focuses on the history of social movements and urbanism in the Persian Gulf, and some of his work has appeared in Foreign Affairs, Fundación Alternativas, and The Maydan.
- MA in Contemporary Arab and Islamic Studies, Autonomous University of Madrid
- PhD in History, Georgia State University (Expected 2024)
Hiba Ben Muftah
Hiba Ben Muftah has experience in civil society, qualitative and quantitative research. She was an intern at the Institut de Recherche sur le Maghreb Contemporain (IRMC) in Tunis, Tunisia.
Hiba is also a member of a research laboratory in economics at the University of Sfax, Tunisia.
- MA in International Economics, University of Sfax
- PhD in Economics, University of Sfax (Expected 2022)