Arab Research & Advocacy Bureau, formerly known as Arab Millennial, was founded in 2016 by Sami Oussama Filali Naji. The website was a response to a need for independent, authentic commentary on Arab societies.
تم تأسيس مكتب البحوث والدعم العربي، المعروف سابقًا باسم الألفية العربية، في عام 2016 من قبل سامي أسامة فيلالي ناجي. حيث يقدم موقعنا الالكتروني معلومات صحيحة ومعطيات مستقلة حول المجتمع العربي.
Bureau de Recherche et de Support Arabe (anciennement connu sous le nom de Millénaire Arabe) a été fondé en 2016 par Sami Oussama Filali Naji. Le site web a répondu à une demande de publications indépendantes et authentiques sur les sociétés arabes.
Lawrence is an independent journalist, author and commentator specialising in Middle Eastern history; he has written for the BBC & Jewish Quarterly, and currently writes for the Guardian.
At ARAB, Lawrence provides ad-hoc support and consulting to help streamline ARAB's policies and operations.
- BA (Hons) in Politics, Philosophy and Economics, Christ Church, University of Oxford
Hossam Ed-Deen Allam
Hossam works as a Member of Al-Azhar Fatwa Global Centre, and an English language lecturer in Islamic jurisprudence at Al-Azhar University in Cairo. His main research interests are faith-based diplomacy, conflict transformation, de-sectarianisation, and peacebuilding.
Hossam supports ARAB through ad-hoc consulting aimed to maximise our global outreach.
- LLB (Hons) in Law and Islamic Studies, Al-Azhar University
- MA in Diplomacy and Religion, Lancaster University
Sami Oussama Filali Naji
Founder & CTO
Sami has several years experience in business, and government analysis & consulting, including at Google, University of Birmingham and the UK House of Lords.
As the founder and chief technical officer of ARAB, Sami implements the smooth development of our website and social media presence.
- BA (Hons) in Politics and International Relations, University of Reading
- MA in International Relations, University of Birmingham
Laila is a Palestine-based, seasoned professional who oversees and supports regional programmes with national and international organisations with operations in the country.
At ARAB, Laila oversees general operations, such as outreach, recruitment and the monitoring & evaluation of our various projects.
- BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy, Arab American University
- MSc in Health and Rehabilitation, University of Southampton
- MA in Conflict Resolution, Arab American University (Expected 2021)
Madiha Z. Sadiq
Madiha is an early career researcher working in international development, with previous experience in the NGO sector. She has an intersectional interest in conflict and social inequalities.
Madiha is currently working with the University of Leeds and the Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities on research exploring faith and peacebuilding.
At ARAB, Madiha is responsible for managing a small team of editors who ensure that all published content is fit for public and client engagement.
- BA (Hons) in English and Philosophy, University of York
- MSc in Violence, Conflict and Development, SOAS, University of London
Javier is a PhD student at Georgia State University. His research focuses on the history of social movements and urbanism in the Persian Gulf, and some of his work has appeared in Foreign Affairs, Fundación Alternativas, and The Maydan.
- MA in Contemporary Arab and Islamic Studies, Autonomous University of Madrid
- PhD in History, Georgia State University (Expected 2024)
Hiba Ben Muftah
Hiba Ben Muftah has experience in civil society, qualitative and quantitative research. She was an intern at the Institut de Recherche sur le Maghreb Contemporain (IRMC) in Tunis, Tunisia.
Hiba is also a member of a research laboratory in economics at the University of Sfax, Tunisia.
- MA in International Economics, University of Sfax
- PhD in Economics, University of Sfax (Expected 2022)
Mariam El Atouabi
Mariam El Atouabi is a seasoned analyst in global security and Arab affairs. She previously held positions at the United Nations Department of Political Affairs, The Soufan Center and the Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED).
Mariam has contributed to the Atlantic Council on issues relating to Middle Eastern politics.
- MA in International Affairs and International Security, University of Columbia