Arab Research & Advocacy Bureau, formerly known as Arab Millennial, was founded in 2016 by Sami Oussama Filali Naji. The website was a response to a need for independent, authentic commentary on Arab societies.
تم تأسيس مكتب البحوث والدعم العربي، المعروف سابقًا باسم الألفية العربية، في عام 2016 من قبل سامي أسامة فيلالي ناجي. حيث يقدم موقعنا الالكتروني معلومات صحيحة ومعطيات مستقلة حول المجتمع العربي.
Bureau de Recherche et de Support Arabe (anciennement connu sous le nom de Millénaire Arabe) a été fondé en 2016 par Sami Oussama Filali Naji. Le site web a répondu à une demande de publications indépendantes et authentiques sur les sociétés arabes.
Lawrence is an independent journalist, author and commentator specialising in Middle Eastern history; he has written for the BBC & Jewish Quarterly, and currently writes for the Guardian.
At ARAB, Lawrence provides ad-hoc support and consulting to help streamline ARAB's policies and operations.
- BA (Hons) in Politics, Philosophy and Economics, Christ Church, University of Oxford
Hossam Ed-Deen Allam
Hossam works as a Member of Al-Azhar Fatwa Global Centre, and an English language lecturer in Islamic jurisprudence at Al-Azhar University in Cairo. His main research interests are faith-based diplomacy, conflict transformation, de-sectarianisation, and peacebuilding.
Hossam supports ARAB through ad-hoc consulting aimed to maximise our global outreach.
- LLB (Hons) in Law and Islamic Studies, Al-Azhar University
- MA in Diplomacy and Religion, Lancaster University
Sami Oussama Filali Naji
Founder & CTO
Sami has several years experience in business, and government analysis & consulting, including at Google, University of Birmingham and the UK House of Lords.
As the founder and chief technical officer of ARAB, Sami implements the smooth development of our website and social media presence.
- BA (Hons) in Politics and International Relations, University of Reading
- MA in International Relations, University of Birmingham
- Advanced Google Analytics, Google
Laila is a Palestine-based, seasoned professional who oversees and supports regional programmes with national and international organisations with operations in the country.
At ARAB, Laila oversees general operations, such as outreach, recruitment and the monitoring & evaluation of our various projects.
- BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy, Arab American University
- MSc in Health and Rehabilitation, University of Southampton
- MA in Conflict Resolution, Arab American University (Expected 2021)
- Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute
Michelle is a highly experienced executive assistant with her own business support company - Taylor Made Virtual Assistance.
Michelle supports our CTO and COO with various operational needs, including lead generation, marketing campaign analysis and correspondence management.
Kristine is a PhD student and teaching assistant at the University of Exeter, specialising in Palestinian Studies.
Her responsibilities at ARAB include designing and implementing an editorial process, including managing a small team of editors who provide Arab research content for our website.
- BA (Hons) in History, Florida Atlantic University
- MA in Near and Middle Eastern Studies, King's College London
- PhD in Palestinian Studies, University of Exeter (Expected 2022)
Mohammed Al Saif
Mohammed is a political analyst with expertise in the international relations of the Middle East. His research interests centre on foreign policies of regional powers, and the intersection between violence, institutions, and development.
At ARAB, Mohammed collates and edits English-language content from experts on Arab communities.
- MA (Hons) in International Relations, University of St. Andrews
Mohamed is a Product Manager based between Egypt and Germany. He has helped run operations in two Egyptian grassroots organisations, Nafham and Abwab, and has contributed as a writer for Al Jazeera and Huffington Post.
At ARAB, Mohamed provides Arabic translations and assists with making our website more accessible to MENA-based audiences.
- BSc (Hons), Beni-Suef University